Q: At this moment, there might be 1000+ elevator designs over there on forums of Minecraft, so why still making a post?
A: This one shines among over 10+ other elevator designs in my redstone world. The very idea comes by the 'observer-lamp' swapper I recently found out while playing around with redstones (I think it could be my original, lots of swappers require 1+ space than that), with the soul-sand-water trick we all know and some extensions, they just perfectly matched to become parts of a great elevator.
So, let's look at the features:
1. It is a MULTI-FLOOR elevator.
2. It has a CORE mechanism of 5 x 4 x 5 ONLY size with a 3 x 4 only shaft which goes up, probably 2nd most compact design ever could be (Please, do not mention a slime block flying machine... that's kind of a hack in Minecraft, and we are talking about real elevators).
3. It has tremendous up speed, SUPER FAST, far better than pistons and flying machines by using hydraulic power!
4. It keeps an IMMERSIVE feeling of an elevator as possible as it can be, with just a little watered slab under your feet. You may cover this elevator up with any material and you will see no redstone exposed. If you desperately hate that water, you can remove it and some mechanism around then find a way to go down safely by yourself.
5. It TRANSPORTS ENTITIES, like villagers and mobs, so it is very useful if you wanna build an iron farm or a sky city in survival; a screenshot and the video shows an iron farm with the elevator.
If you play survival a lot, this one could be the best kind, not because of the resources (better than many piston ones, for sure), but the speed, flexibility and compactness. If you ask me why not using a magma block instead of such over-complicated stuff around, I just say no one wants to die in an elevator, even with a chance (like in real life), that is just creepy.
To take this elevator up, press the button on the right, walk into the door and there you go ~ simple as that. The reason I'm calling it 'multi-floor' is because if you wanna exit, cling to the front by moving forward (pressing w facing the front) and get ready to right-click on any doors aside the shaft to open, and you will be out. If you don't get it, there is a screenshot shows the door. If everything works, you shall be stuck at the upside-down stair for a little while before you can get out.
To go down, you may just jump, the magic water of MC will catch you.
To load and expand this creation, I have placed 3 glow stones inside, which tells you where you should extend the signal by an observer. If everything is done correctly, it can reach the sky limit without any doubt. Also please tweak the hopper clock aside by adding/removing redstone dusts if you extend/shorten the shaft; you may test it with 1 villager inside, if he just reaches the top and out, then you have the correct timing. The nbt file I give you has 32 blocks height, you should have no trouble dealing with a shortened one.
1. It is necessary for the hopper clock cycles to start a new ride or you may not reach the top. Generally it won't happen, like it may take only 1-2 seconds for like 10-20 blocks tall, but for the one with 200+ height as in the 2nd picture and the video, you need to wait 30s after 1 person reaches the top.
2. It does NOT work in the nether, as well as some light sources (glow stones, etc.) are needed if you want to build it in cold regions like ice plain and tundra or you may be frozen!
How to import by structure blocks (in vanilla MC):
- Please load it 2 TIMES!! by a structure block or you will see it broken, it is a bug in MC 1.14.
- If you use something like WorldEdit, I think it shall be fine.
~ Thanks to BSL shaders and Soartex resource pack for the amazing screenshots.
~ Please enjoy my creation and have fun with it in your games!
Do you mean import? You can use a structure block in game, or mods like Worldedit, or such.
If you choose a structure block, there's a link in the post for you to check out!
on February 10th, 2021 04:26 AM EST Reply
I rebuilt it and it works fine.
I decided to build it higher, but the redstone signal is not long enough, so I fall down before I reach the highest point of my elevator.
How can I make it longer?
on December 1st, 2019 07:40 AM EST Reply
You may try this:
1. Build it all the way to the top normally with alternative slabs.
2. Count the redstone signal strength from the most bottom observer.
3. Whenever 15 redstone dusts are counted, replace the nearest slab down with an observer (every 6 slabs? I think).
4. Repeat 3 till you have reached the top.
5. Add redstone dusts in hopper clock to extend the bubble time. (6-8 at a time, preferably)
6. Test the new elevator, if you fall before the highest point, add more dusts in the hopper clock.
7. If you fall on the same position twice, but with enough dusts, mark and check the signal of that position, you may move the observer 1-2 block/blocks downward, then check it again.
8. Repeat 6 till it is done.
on December 1st, 2019 02:19 PM EST Reply